Minimal Boot Media?

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 18:21:36 UTC 2007

[...]
>> 2. releases/7/Fedora/os/ ?
>
> I would say the above, as it matches what you find in the root of the
> install DVD (packages, GPG keys, other bits used while installing).
>
> e.g. http://ftp.univie.ac.at/systems/linux/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/

[...]

OK I did it, and used the URL:

 http://srl.cs.jhu.edu/YUM/fedora/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/

which I selected because it is a Fedora mirror, probably under
100 miles from my computers, and responded rapidly when I looked
at it with my browser.  My screen now shows "Starting install
process.  This may take several minutes...". As of 14:16-0400,
it has said this for about the last two hours.  Am I too
impatient?  There are occasional signs of life.

I have just installed my own ftp "mirror" on a Win2k box on my
LAN. Do you think this would be faster?

Thanks for your comments.

Mike.