Add Wireless to Laptop

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 13 13:47:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 19:55 -0400, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> I successfully installed and yum'ed FC7 as
> dual boot with WinXP, using the wired
> connection with the wireless turned off.
> Now I turned on the wireless, and tried to
> create the wireless device.  I have not
> succeeded with this.  Can you please refer
> me to a document that explains how to do
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Try this. Get the following init.d script to stop running: networks
Run scripts : NetwrokManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher.
This is done by running chkconfig.

Now when you log-in an icon will appear in the upper left corner of the
panels. Right click on the icon (called nm-applet) and choose the wired
or wireless connection you want to start. The first time you may have to
input configuration informaton but after that you will have to enter the
passwd of your keyring. That you set the first time you are asked for
it.

Give it a shot. Ask again if there are problems.

I can't die until the government finds a safe place to bury my liver. --
Phil Harris
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net