genisoimage: Unexpected joliet directory length

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Sat Jul 14 17:03:41 UTC 2007

Paul Smith wrote:
> "genisoimage: Unexpected joliet directory length 1700 expected: 1704 ''"
>
> Any ideas?

I posted a similar experience a couple of days ago
(after having burned 22 unusable DVD's).

Yes, genisoimage-1.1.16 is broken.

The generated iso images won't be readable by a Windows machine,
it will simply reject to list anything on the CD/DVD.

I would have bugzillaed this, but there's no entry for
genisoimage.

Apparently a known problem upstream:

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk