Laptop WiFi manual

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 02:18:41 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:

> Just in the last month it would be really obvious that if you:
>

> a) Want to watch DVD movies?
> b) Listen to music CDs?
> c) Have a laptop?
> d) Want/need 3D graphic support?
> e) WiFi connections?
>
> Answer to all of the above, and more: It takes extra steps.
>
> These same questions, and others like them, recycle about every two weeks
> or so. Followed but the same answers.
>
> My guess on the next one? Where are the CDs for Fedora 7?

It has gotten much better and I really like F7.
New laptop + live cd without installing anything:
a. No, but that's nothing that can be helped and usually an
    easy fix.
b. Haven't tried.
c. See above
d. Yes
e. Yes

Most stuff has gotten a lot easier.  Certainly wireless;
I do think NM is making big steps (even if it is still a
pain in some ways), and the chipset situation looks better
than it did last year.

--
imalone