Gnome-vfs2-obexftp and Nokia N72

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:31:05 UTC 2007

Rogue wrote:
> Has anyone been successful in using the obexftp package to work with
> their Nokia N72 models? I can see the phone in the browser, connect to
> the phone, but I can not get it to display any data!

The same happens with my Nokia 6670.
I'm assuming it is because my phone is seen as a modem rather than a
storage device. The same may be the case with yours.

I get the following in /var/log/messages whenever I connect it using a
Nokia DKU-2 USB cable.

Jul 15 19:37:59 marvin kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using
ohci_hcd and address 6
Jul 15 19:37:59 marvin kernel: usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1
choice
Jul 15 19:37:59 marvin kernel: cdc_acm 1-2:1.5: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218