64 bit F7

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 13:21:35 UTC 2007

> Humm, tisn't working.  For this line in my kernel 'makeit' script:
>
> make -j4 -march=athlon -msse -mfpmath=sse bzImage && \
>
> I'm getting this as the first error:
> make: pmath=sse: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `pmath=sse'.  Stop.
>
> pebkac?  compiler?
>
> Taking options back out, it will accept the -msse, but then hangs here:
>  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
>
> Looks like I failed the class on compiler options 101.  Old dog, new tricks..

The options I discussed are for gcc, not make. In the above line you are
trying to use the options march=athlon -msse -mfpmath=sse with the make
command. I've no experience of doing this myself.

The fact it seems to understand -msse suggests make knows something
about gcc options ... Sorry, I don't build kernels much myself, I think
you need an expert here to advise..

Chris