bug in FC7, adsl (pppoe) doesn't work

Ashley ashley at softwareshack.co.za
Wed Jul 18 16:13:43 UTC 2007

    FIXED!!!   :-))

Hi there

I have done a fresh install of Fedora 7, but NOT installed the
Virtualization.

The pppoe (xDSL) setup worked fine first time. It connects fine now.

I am using IP address of 10.1.1.x on eth1, to which the ppp is
connected, and
still ok -someone mentioned it may require an IP of 192.168.1.x   but
fortunately
does not seem to be the case.

The problem then has something to do with the virtualization.
Previously when I did have it installed, I tried booting to the
normal kernel without it, but the ppp connection still just failed.

Hope this helps others out there!

Many thanx
Kind regards
Ashley