FC7 image on dual boot

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 19 06:01:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 17:28 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I think there may be some size problems. It takes a DVD to bring you
> the system in compact RPM form. After it is all expanded it gets
> larger. Do in a terminal $df and you will see your F7 takes about 5.6
> Gbytes of space. That is too big for 1 DVD.

You can compress the backup before burning.  Or avoid backing up things
that don't really need it.

Archiving what's to be backed up may be best anyway.  You can archive
things in a way that keeps all the permissions, ownership, and SELinux
contexts.  Just dumping files direct to DVD would lose some of them, its
filesystem doesn't support them.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386