2 Subnets on 1 Lan

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 16:38:51 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> I didn't see anything in there concerning a vpn and the hardwired
> devices on a network.

Addresses and netmasks work the same regardless of the devices.  With
overlaid subnets you need to pretend they are on separate wires and go
through a router to reach things outside of your own netmask - and the
router needs to have addresses on both networks.  I missed how the vpn
was set up, but the easy approach would be to run it on the same device
that is configured to route between the overlaid subnets.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com