VMware patch update (was Re: Searching kernel-headers / kernel-devel 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 Packages )

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jul 24 04:11:15 UTC 2007

On Mon July 23 2007, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > In fact, the latest vmware-any-any patch looks like it is
> > http://knihovny.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/vmware-any-any-update112.tar.gz,
> > and it works for me.
>
> Also just noted that the 112 update supports VMware Workstation 6, so
> for those of you waiting  for the WS6 patch, this looks like it.
> --
>                 Matthew Saltzman

Thanks for that lead, Matthew. I had recently installed the latest rpm but
wasn't having any success with the early patch that was referred to by Robert
Cochran from over on the vmware forums. This one worked a charm! I just
fooled around a few minutes with it, but I noticed several improvements. The
whole vm (XP with Office 2003) runs a lot faster; sound seemed a bit more
solid, and I was able to make a Skype test call from within the VM; I can't
remember whether this was true previously, but, I happened to have an NTFS
formatted USB drive connected to my system, and it was recognized and came
right up in Windows Explorer. Kudos to the VMWare team. I seldom have to
resort to this VM, but, when I do, it's nice to have it.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA