why is my wireless totally borked in f7?

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Jul 25 23:50:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

> 	Explain to me how your gateway laptop has broadcom drivers loaded? I
> agree that F7 is not a very good version of Linux because it's too new. Lots
> of my stuff doesn't work either. But I got my laptop working with F7 but it
> was a fight.

Just because the driver has loaded does not mean it will work.  See my
last message on the version 3 v.s. version 4 firmware issue.  My laptop
will load the new broadcom driver.  it will not work because my bcm4306
chipset does not have enough memory to load the version 4 firmware.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct