F7 kernel 2.6.22.1-27/33 resume issue w/ Acer TM6460

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 29 13:12:50 UTC 2007

Patrick wrote:
> *** resent with proper date/time. apologies for taking you back to '88 ***
> The results of booting with various parameters are:
>
> Boot param	     result
> vga=792		      no working resume
> vga=normal	      no working resume
> maxcpus=1	      no working resume
> noapic		      no working resume
> nolapic		      no working resume
> noapic nolapic	      no working resume
> nolapic_timer	      no working resume
> nohz=off	      no working resume
> ec_burst=1	      no working resume
> nolapic ec_burst=1    no working resume
> acpi=noirq ec_burst=1 no working resume
My understanding is that you need to also try:
pm-suspend --quirk-xxx
each quirk alone, and then again with each other. This amounts to
hundreds of combinations.

I looked at the existing quirks list, and found a few nb's from the same
manufacturer {or with same chipset/video}, noted and tried those quirks.
After 15 tries, I had not had success.

I wish you better luck. {if not set gnome-power-manager to just turn
backlight off at lid close and suspend activation.

I wonder if a quirk can be written to disable suspend on machines that
are found to be problematic, so that we don't lose information by default.

Regards, DaveT.