Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 2 04:31:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:13 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> With FC6 I actually found it quicker to do an NFS install than having
> to watch the install waiting to change CD's. Probably due to a quick
> local network, and a slow CD drive on the older servers! :-)

I've always found network installs, of one method or another, to be
faster than from CD (DVD was close, but still slower).  The optical
drives are slower to seek and read, reading difficulties can crop up,
and they often don't run at full pelt the way that they're configured
during the install (DMA, etc.).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.