network monitoring

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 6 12:29:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 11:41 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> Another practical issue is that most IM traffic is encrypted nowadays
> anyway.

I didn't think it was.  Many of the logons, are, but I'm not aware of
the chats being encrypted, by default.

I wouldn't be too bothered about someone seeing me talking about work,
at work.  And I wouldn't want someone discussing private matters with me
at work, anyway.  I'd be more than a bit peeved if work could copy down
my logon credentials, though.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.