Making package-announce more meaningful

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Jun 14 02:30:00 UTC 2007

> I would have thought it to be more useful to know about what was about
> to be released, so that you can make a better decision about whether to
> install it, or not.

Even in the dire scenario I paint, (where notice is sent only when an update
has a chance at being available) most people would have nearly the same
amount of time to carefully review which updates they install. Entirely
ignoring that people could currently be using digest and be missing this
important opportunity already.

I was only advocating that the bit Fedora is directly responsible for be a
criteria for notice and not "some strange mirror yum picked that isn't
likely to have it yet anyway" (what many using yum to update will actually
be waiting on).

--
Anduin Withers