Update problem

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 17:44:58 UTC 2007

On 15/06/07, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     My new FC6 load on the laptop is working REAL Good but for some
> reason I don't understand, the Updates are not being applied as the RPM
> files are not being opened. When I turned on the laptop this morning it
> said it had received 275 Updates so I figured leaving it on all night
> got it done.
>
>     But later the little panel came up saying I have 277 Security
> updates to download! It appears there is a problem. What am I doing wrong?

Actually, there are hundreds of updates for FC6, but not all are
security related. Additionally, there are many a dozen updates for
Fedora Extras 6 every week, but only few are security related.

Can you open a terminal and run "yum update" and show the output you
get before you're asked whether to download and install the updates?