F7: partitioning HD at install

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sat Jun 16 13:03:01 UTC 2007

Chris:
> Also bear in mind if you find out later on you haven't made /boot big enough,
> it is a right royal pain in the ass to increase the size of the partition.

 From my experience (I researched partitioning for FC6), 10 Meg was
plenty! Enough for a few GRUBs, actually.

Furthermore, in researching this issue, I found on TLDP a LAME article
with this:
"The size of this partition can be as small as a couple Mb; I recommend
approximately 10 Mb (which should give you plenty of room to store the
kernel, initial RAMdisk image, and perhaps a backup kernel or two)."

> If you have 100's of GB, whats 100MB ?

Which is not my situation. My 5 computers are all a tad dated, and have
discs ranging from 4 Gig to 15 Gig.