FC7 adding unneccesary mailboxes in /var/mail

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 25 17:01:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:45:11 -0400
Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com> wrote:

> Thus, the install process could inspect the default aliases file and
> not create mailboxes for "users" who are aliased to something else,
> without any effect on Jack or Joe whose accounts are created with
> adduser, not the installer.

Upon reflection, I think that only root should get one created by
default.  Any other one should get created on demand (when you add a
user, when you install some service that creates a user that needs a
mailbox).  You could ignore the aliases file, completely, creating
boxes for ordinary users when you create them, system users when mail
is sent to them.