MP3 to Ogg Vorbis

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Jun 30 21:07:51 UTC 2007

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:02:27 -0400
Kelly <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, June 30, 2007 2:46 pm Chris wrote:
> > Is there an app that will convert MP3 files to Ogg?
>
> This won't help if you're a Gnome user, but there's a Konqueror
> plugin at kde-apps.org called AudioKonverter which does music file
> conversions; I use it to do MP3 to Ogg conversions and Ogg to MP3
> conversions.  I wanted to package it up for Fedora, but it relies on
> programs that aren't allowed in the main repository (like LAME).

Kelly -

	Thanks for the reply and the heads-up. You are correct though,
I am a Gnome user.  I used KDE early on in my FreeBSD days...

	Funny how I actually started using Gnome as my first WM, KDE
after, then spend a heck of allot of time using XFC4.

	Since moving from FreeBSD (and a nice gradual move to Linux via
Ubuntu) I have pretty much come full circle under FC with Gnome

*Sigh* I digress, sorry.

--
Best regards,
Chris