Where are all the updates gone?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Mar 4 20:04:57 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> Aaron Konstam:
>>> Personally I get tired of people saying that Fedora is not a RedHat
>>> product. Repeat to self the motto: If it walks as a duck .....
>
> ... and squawks like a penguin...
>

> Rahul Sundaram:
>> 1) It not a product at all from Red Hat or otherwise. It is available
>> as ISO images for download and never sold.
>
> Though, it's quite clearly sponsored by it.  Fedora wouldn't be around
> if Red Hat wasn't it's basis (in source, hosting, and all).  Fedora
> certainly isn't a Debian or Mandrake product.  And it's configured and
> structured like Red Hat Linux.

Oh, that makes CentOS a Red Hat product, right?  Or is it a derivative?  And
since CentOS is a derivative of Red Hat that would mean the folks at CentOS
are controlled by Red Hat, right?  And, doesn't Ubuntu follow in the
footsteps of the Debians of the world?  :-)

--
Increased knowledge will help you now.  Have mate's phone bugged.