wierd zd1211rw wireless adapter problem

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 12 00:53:49 UTC 2007

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Philip Walden wrote:
>
>> Matthew Saltzman wrote:

>>> $ yum search pam_keyring
>>>
>>> pam_keyring.i386 0.0.8-3.fc6 extras
>>> Matched from:
>>> pam_keyring
>>> The pam_keyring module allows GNOME users to automatically unlock
>>> their default keyring using their system password when they log in.
>>> This allows the data in the default keyring to be used more
>>> transparently. Ideally, users should only every have to enter one
>>> password (or physical token, etc.): the password they use to
>>> authenticate themselves to the system when they log in.
>> I installed it and rebooted, but I was still prompted the keyring
>> password.
>>
>> I read somewhere that this is a NetworkManager issue, not a keyring
>> problem.
>
> Works fine for me.
>
> Do you have these lines in /etc/pam.d/gdm:
>
>         auth       optional    pam_keyring.so try_first_pass
>         session    optional    pam_keyring.so
>
> Is your keyring password the same as your login password?
Yes, passwords are the same. Here is my gdm file, the identical entries
are at the end:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required    pam_env.so
auth       include     system-auth
account    required    pam_nologin.so
account    include     system-auth
password   include     system-auth
session    optional    pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session    include     system-auth
session    required    pam_loginuid.so
session    optional    pam_console.so
# added to prevent NetworkManager second login