3ware RAID selinux smartd

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Mar 13 20:13:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 15:24 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> > Is this bug worthy? Creating the correct udev rules has defeated me.
> >
> > When a 3ware 9000 series card is present the devices /dev/twa* should be
> > created, and they should have fixed_disk_device_t in their security
> > context so that smartd can monitor the disks.
> >
> > Against what should the bug be filed, udev?
> >

> udev,
>
> Are you saying the device does not get created or does not get created
> with the correct context?
>
> Dan

The /dev/twa* devices are not created automatically. When they are
created, they should have the fixed_disk_device_t context. That way on
Fedora the disks can be monitored "out of the box" with smart tools.

Right now I have the management daemon from 3ware, 3DM2, running. It
creates the devices itself, but without the right context.