FC6 Network installation breaks at stage2.img

Jeroen Lankheet admin1 at lankheet.com
Wed Mar 14 14:20:55 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I am trying to set up a system (actually a FC6 virtual Xen system on a FC6
host) from a HTTP installation source so I selected:
http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/6/i386/os
and the installer starts.
Then it comes with an error saying "Unable to retrieve
http://ftp.nluug.nl//ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/6/i386/os/images/stage2.img
(mind the double slash).
So I tried in the rebound:
Web site name:   ftp.nluug.nl
Fedora Core directory: ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/6/i386/os
But the installer is more intelligent than I am and makes up a '/' as
prefix and the result is again a double slash in the combined URL
Searching about a bit reveals that this problem already existed in FC3.
So any idea why this 'feature' still exists? Or is this Xen related?

Thanks,
Jeroen.