OO Database Problem

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Mon Mar 19 18:52:03 UTC 2007

Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm trying to create a database ...
> Is something broken here - OO 2.0, FC4 ?  Or what should I be doing ?

OOo Base (>=2.0) requires Java. I'm not sure what the best approach is
for FC4. You'll either need Sun's JRE, or a recent update to all the
Free Java (GCJ) components. If you go the latter route, you probably
need the official Fedora OOo packages. If you use Sun's Java, you can
use the OO.org downloads.

Base has also progressed a lot since OOo 2.0. What you want to do should
  work, but I strongly recommend upgrading your OOo if you can.

<Joe