Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0 <OT>

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:55:09 UTC 2007

On 3/20/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 11:41 +0100, Ingemar Nilsson wrote:
> > Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> writes:
> >
> > > In the bigger picture it's okay if people are coming in on Ubuntu or
> > > Fedora or whatever, they're still leaving a bad place and getting to a
> > > good place.
> >
> > Except that you could wish the Ubuntu guys to stop bashing Red
> > Hat/Fedora/everything but Ubuntu. All the time they post comments around
> > the 'net asking why oh why anyone still uses Red Hat/Fedora/etc now that
> > Ubuntu exists, and it is the new messias of computing.
>
> That tactic has the reverse effect on me. I won't install Ubuntu,
> because of all of the FC/RH bashing, for all the tea in China. Same
> reason I would never install Debian. Too political and ideological. Ric

Me too. I hear Ubuntu is good for newbies coming straight for windows.
But to this day I cannot in good conscience recommend it because of
all the idiotic bashing coming from the Ubuntu crowd. I believe it is
easier to explain software limitations than idiotic Ubuntu people.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud