CpuSpeed unsupported

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 23 11:40:10 UTC 2007

Tony Crouch wrote:
> Hi All,
> Thanks to Matt's suggestion earlier today I have managed to fix the RPM
> database problem relating to my earlier post. I went ahead and installed
> all the packages I had stored in my yum cache.
>
> One of the packages I installed was a newer (I am unsure at the present
> time if it's the latest and greatest version) of cpuspeed. The exact
> version is: 1.2.1-1.46.fc6
>
> On logging into Gnome is says my current processor does not support
> scaling and that my current configuration is wrong.
>
> This seems rather odd when CPU scaling worked perfectly fine and well with
> the previous version (the exact version number escapes me at the moment).
>
> Was wondering if someone might be able to shine some light onto this for me.

Maybe you've been over this already (not sure what Matt's suggestion
was...) but have you checked to see if you haven't been hit by the
anaconda  installer bug, where it installs the i586 kernel instead of
the i686 one - lack of cpuspeed is one side effect of this.

see

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common

??

Chris