Trouble mounting NFS shares in %post script of a kickstart FC6 install

Peter Schwenk schwenk at math.udel.edu
Fri Mar 23 17:55:52 UTC 2007

Just in case anyone is wondering...

It turns out that somewhere along the way during a kickstart install
for FC6, the portmap program is killed, so by the time the install
gets to the %post script, NFS mounts can't happen.  I found this out
by looking at the F4 terminal messages that indicated that the mount
operation was trying to contact the portmapper on localhost.

--
- Peter Schwenk
- CITA-3, Systems Administrator