Default repo config

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 28 11:04:52 UTC 2007

Vasco Clemente wrote:
> Since I do not have an internet connection at home, I have
> changed Yum config in order to install form the DVD.
>
> I have transferred the machine to my work place and
> connected it to the network.
>
> I am able to connect to the internet without any issue.
>
> Nevertheless the repos config is broke and also the Yum
> config file.
>
> Is it possible to reconfigure Yum in order to have the
> default repos working for a system update.
>
> I am using FC6 re-spin install. Also I am a complete newbie
> in Fedora/linux OS.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Vasco

You should be able to reinstall the fedora-release package to get the
default content reinstalled onto your system. If you want to save the
edited files for future use, rename or move the present files to
somewhere safe. I believe changing the extension from .repo to another
extension should stop yum from considering the older repo files.

rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs fedora-release*.rpm
should put in the original files. If you had edited files, the original
files would be saved with the .rpmnew or .rpmsave extensions.

Jim

--
Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed.