firefox2 strangeness.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue May 1 16:01:00 UTC 2007

Andrey Shmigelsky wrote:
> How to save session? I cant find this option in my FF 2.0.2
>
> On 4/30/07, *Robin Laing* <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
> <mailto:Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Aaron Konstam wrote:
>      > Sometimes (but not always) when I open firefox2 I get a pop-up which
>      > asks me whether I want to stat a new session or restore the old
>     session.
>      >
>      > What controls this event to occur?
>      > --
>      >

>     It is part of the session manager in FF2.
>
>     It is one of the most useful tools that I use daily.
>
>     It allows me to save the session that I am running and then close off
>     Firefox without having to bookmark or try to remember what sites I have
>     open at the end of the work day.
>
>     The control for session manager is in Tools on my installation.  I have
>     installed tabmix plus that has it's own session manager.
>
>     Check under preferences for the settings.

I installed Tab Mix Plus addon as soon as I installed Firefox.  It adds
features to Firefox that I find very useful.

This is the session manager I use.  Now when I installed it, it did ask
if I wanted to use the default Firefox manager or the Tab Mix Plus one.

 From the Firefox site, there are some settings in about:config to
change the sessions settings.

 From http://wiki.mozilla.org/Session_Restore

You can change

browser.startup.page = 3 - Resume sessions always. Default is 1 (open to
the homepage at browser.startup.homepage)

I still think Tab Mix Plus is a better manager as it gives you some
options as well.  Handy when you get one of those sites that causes a
crash when you try accessing the page.
--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.