Launching the Gimp in English

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at freemail.hu
Tue May 1 17:12:06 UTC 2007

jim tate írta:
> Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> The Hebrew translation of the Gimp is very difficult to use because
>>> some items were reversed for Right-to-Left, but the places to click
>>> were not. Therefore, I'd like to use the gimp in English while keeping
>>> my locale Hebrew. I created a bash script in ~/bin called gimp and
>>> added it to my path:
>>> [dotancohen at localhost bin]$ pwd
>>> /home/dotancohen/bin
>>> [dotancohen at localhost bin]$ ls -l
>>> --snip--
>>> -rwxrwxr-- 1 dotancohen dotancohen       32 אפר 22 10:44 gimp
>>> [dotancohen at localhost bin]$ cat gimp
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> export LANG=C
>>> gimp
>>>
>>> [dotancohen at localhost bin]$ cat ~/.bash_profile
>>> --snip--
>>> PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH
>>>
>>> export PATH
>>> [dotancohen at localhost bin]$
>>>
>>> However, when I right-click a file and "Open with Gimp" it does not
>>> open. What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Dotan Cohen
>>>
>>> http://lyricslist.com/
>>> http://what-is-what.com/
>>>

>> The script calls itself, recursively.  Instead, change the call to gimp
>> in the script to use an absolute path name /usr/bin/gimp, and while
>> you're at it, also pass any command line arguments on.  So the line
>> becomes:
>>
>> /usr/bin/gimp "$@"
>>

> How do you get Gimp to print an Image instead of all text characters
>
> Jim

Look for the printer command line in the print dialog, starts with lpr.
Delete the "-oraw" option at the end of the command line and save settings.
Next time it will use the modified command line and you don't need to
set it again.
You can now print images instead of the Postscript representation of it
_raw_.