Maybe OT - use of network computing

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 2 21:51:35 UTC 2007

In the latest Linux Journal (may 2007) on the last page there is a
discussion of the options using Network Computing through the web to do
the same things an office suite does. The point is your can do this
without having the software on your computer.

You can go to: docs.google.com , www.ajax13.com and www.thinkfree.com
and register free to use this service.

I chose the google site , registered and created a word-like document.
Everything was fine until I tried to print it. It prints but the page
has a web address in the upper right corner that I can't get rid of. Has
anyone tried this and found our how to get rid of the web address. Of
course, I can use open office to open the file and then it prints ok,
but this defeaters the purpose of the Network Computing.

Otherwise this is a very interesting service option. I can create a
document on  a machine with a browser in San Antonio and manipulate it
on a computer in Tokyo. Everyone should try this out.

The trip to Tokyo is not free :-)
Cursor, n.: One whose program will not run. -- Robb Russon
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net