Home Lan with D-Link DI-604

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Wed May 2 21:55:27 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
>> I took a look at /sbin/ifconfig and, in fact, it says exactly what you
>> said it would (the addresses are not the same). I will try network
>> connection tomorrow and let you know the outcome.
>>
> Looking at the DI-604 manual, you should have no problem assigning
> static IP addresses to your machines using the router's DHCP setup.
> If you go the the routers WEB setup page, and click on the DHCP
> button, there is a section to assign static IP addresses based on
> MAC address.
>
> "Static DHCP is used to allow DHCP server to assign same IP address
> to specific MAC address"
>
> You should be able to grab the MAC address on that same page. They
> should be listed in the "Dynamic DHCP Client List" section at the
> bottom of the page for the currently connected computers. You can
> then add the IP/host name information to /etc/hosts on both
> machines, and be all set.
>
> Mikkel

That's exactly what I was talking about. I will have to check with the
support people at radio wave ISP. They own the router and I am not
supposed to change its configuration.
:|

* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *