uninstall python script?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Fri May 4 10:29:48 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 04/05/07, Morgan Read wrote:
>> Chris Mohler wrote:

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Try 'python setup.py install --help' - IIRC there's an option in there
>> > somewhere.
>
> There is no uninstall command and no uninstall option. It is pretty
> usual to record the list of installed files and remove/uninstall a
> Python module/program with that list. That's also one of the reasons
> why we use RPM for the majority of packages.
>
>> Options for 'install' command:
>>   --record            filename in which to record list of installed files

Hay hay - thanks Michael!!!
I did see that option, but was a little unsure I'd get all the changes -
are there any files likely changed but not installed?  I guess I'll just
go ahead and install again over the top with that option.  And anyway,
if there's an install command it's only natural there'll be an uninstall
command... yeah right!

I too have a strong policy of only using rpms, but every once in while
there's something I need that's not provided - rpm of rsynch-backup is
only at stable 1.5 (iirc) and various acl/windows compatibility fixes
seem only in development 1.9 (iirc)

Many many thanks, now I'll go and bathe my sore head.
M.
--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: