[fedora-list] - yum-allowdowngrade doesn't work

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri May 4 13:35:12 UTC 2007

On 04/05/07, Davidson Rodrigues Paulo wrote:

> The only way to downgrade a package is
> download the RPM (I'm using yumdownloader for that) and manually
> downgrading it by using:
>
> $ sudo rpm -Uvh --force [rpmfile]

No comment on your yum related issue. But here please use --oldpackage
instead of --force. As why, look up in "man rpm" that --force is the
same as using --replacepkgs, --replacefiles, and --oldpackage", and
you do not want the --replacefiles option, because it can also replace
files from _other_ packages and thereby break installations.