Samba selectively connecting to shares

Simon Slater pyevet at aapt.net.au
Fri May 4 13:36:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 06:31 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Are you running selinux on that system?  I can't tell if it's the
> problem or not, but you may or may not need to relabel (or whatever that
> is) your system.  If not sure or no one chimes in soon, at least boot
> with selinux=0 at the kernel prompt and then see if it works with
> selinux off.
>
> Other thatn that, only thing I can bring up, is did you add the user(s)
> to samba as well?  I believe it's smbpasswd -a user (might need to add
> "guest" (as in the actual word guest) as well ), but I could be wrong.
>
> --
> Mike Chambers
> Madisonville, KY

Sorry I forgot to mention that.  SELinux is enabled with Samba activated
for sharing home directories and write to directories labelled
public_content_rw_t, also Samba is selected to allow through the
firewall.  The Samba user is created with the same password as the
windows box, which works fine on the home directory.

Regards
Simon