Samba selectively connecting to shares

Simon Slater pyevet at aapt.net.au
Fri May 4 14:06:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 23:54 +1000, Simon Slater wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 07:52 -0500, Justin W wrote:
> > >
> > It looks like an selinux problem to me. Try relabling your directories
> > to allow samba to access them. If you only need samba to access them,
> > then the first line following will do, but if it needs to be shared with
> > other services like apache or NFS, then the second group of following
> > lines is what is needed.
> >        chcon -R -t samba_share_t /pub
> >
> > or
> >
> >        setsebool -P allow_smbd_anon_write=1
> >        chcon -R -t public_content_rw_t /pub
> >
> > I hope this helps you.
> >
> > Justin
> >
> Would toggling the checkbox for NFS shares under SELinux in
> Administration->Security Level and Firewall do this?  After verifying
> what I had turned on to reply to Mike's post, I also checked this box.
> Will wait a few minutes then try again to see if it made a difference.
> Regards
> Simon

Still could not access the /pub directory, but when printing a test
page, I could see a job waiting in the print queue, even though the test
page would not print with the message:
	Error writing to \\IPEX\LexmarkLaser for printer ... : Network name
cannot be found.

The printer is more important than the /pub share, would the same
setsebool and chcon be appropriate?

Regards
Simon