dump/restore (or "star") and SELinux problems

Peter Smith peter.smith at utsouthwestern.edu
Fri May 4 20:05:23 UTC 2007

Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying again. I haven't gotten an answer that works yet and
> hoping that
> people who know more about SELinux and Fedora can see this and suggest
> a solution (or at least a way to investigate).
>
> My goal: To be able to reszie a partition (or rearrange filesystems)
> without
> losing any data or meta-data.
>
> <snip>

Kayvan, did you ever look at using resize2fs?  I successfully used this
recently on a Redhat AS 5 system (with SELinux.)  I even used the
rescue-cd mode of the AS 5 disk.  While I understand that dump and/or
star were giving you trouble, and you wanted to migrate the FS to LVM, I
think you could have gotten the intended results by using resize2fs.

Peter