fc6 and floppy drive

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat May 5 18:17:48 UTC 2007

John wrote:
> I need to transfer some files via floppy; it now seems that the drive
> can't be accessed- though it shows up in hwbrowser. I just upgraded the
> kernel (don't have the version handy), though I'm using KDE/fc6. Any
> suggestions?
>
>             John

How are you trying to access the floppy? I know from Gnome, you can
 double click on the "Computer" icon, and ether double click or
right click on the floppy icon and click mount. You end up with an
icon on the desktop for the floppy, and it mounted in /media. (On my
system, double clicking on the floppy icon opens up a file window,
but for the root file system, not on the floppy itself.) You can
also run "gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0" and it will get mounted off of a
directory in /media.

Mikkel