Still trouble with Livna NVidia drivers

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun May 6 23:08:08 UTC 2007

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Stewart Adam wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> I think I discovered why this has been occurring. livna-config-display,
> the new library developed to edit various configuration files keeps a
> status file in /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display that it uses to
> "remember" various things such as the driver to restore on shutdown and
> your glx configuration (Xgl, AIGLX, None or manual).
>
> We don't have a script to auto-generate this file, so if the driver is
> disabled before livna-config-display is installed it never gets saved
> properly and that's why the error shows up when trying to enable...
> Can you try placing the following text
> into /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display:
>
> [Configuration]
> active = True
> olddriver = nv
> preconfigured = aiglx
>
> [ManualOptions]
> composite = True
> gdmxgl = False
> aiglxflag = True
> compsite = True
> kdmxgl = False
>
> If the errors stop then it confirms my thoughts.

It appears I already had /etc/sysconfig/livna-config-display, containing:

[Configuration]
active = True
olddriver = nv
preconfigured = aiglx

[ManualOptions]
composite = True
aiglxflag = True
kdmxgl = False
gdmxgl = False

I removed the livna-config-display rpm and re-installed
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.  That pulled in livna-config-display and kmod-nvidia.
After a few tries, I finally got yum to download all three RPMs
successfully.  When xorg-x11-drv-nvidia installed (last in sequence), I
got the above error messages again, but the installation completed and rpm
-qV verified all three RPMs.  On reboot, the NVidia driver loaded and (so
far) appears to be functioning.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences