FC5 and Vista Dual Boot

Eric Mader emader at icu-project.org
Mon May 7 01:58:58 UTC 2007

A little more information: the Drive that has FC5 is 40G. (I'ts the
master on IDE0) The RAID array is 240G (i.e. two 120G drives). Could the
problem be that grub can't cope with a drive that's that big? The
command "grub-install /dev/sda" completes without any errors.

The first time I ran the restore CD there was also an external USB drive
connected to the system. Does this show up as a SCSI drive too? As far
as I can tell, the system sees /dev/sda and /dev/sdb, even with the
external drive switched off. How can I tell what the two /dev/sdX
devices are?

Also, FWIW, I booted from the Vista install DVD, chose the repair option
and ran "bootsect /nt60 c:" which also seemed to complete without error
but I still got the grub message instead of the Vista boot loader.

Regards,
Eric