kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:22:05 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:

> >> You are being judgmental even before making any attempts. It is more
> >> about effective feedback rather than habits.
> >
> > No, that's a lesson learned from many years of SQA.  Only those with
> > the power of rejection can enforce coding/documentation standards.
>
> You _do not_ know that a RFE would be rejected. You are merely assuming
> that.

True. However, the track record for my submitted RFEs leads me to that
conclusion. Getting "Not a bug" or "Won't fix" as the only feedback
would discourage most people from such foolish pursuits.

> That has nothing to do with standards.

Yes, it does. If some one want to contribute code to the Linux kernel
they have to follow a coding standard. A standard (one probably exits)
can be applied to code developed within Fedora Core. Lack of or weak
enforcement is the biggest headache.