HP1320n Printer does not eject pages

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue May 8 00:07:58 UTC 2007

On Sat, 05 May 2007 22:02:54 -0500,
Bob Hartung <rwhart at mchsi.com> wrote :

> 2.  HP1320n
>
> These are both laserjet printers.  #1 works fine.  #2 will print, but
> I have to manually trigger the machine to get the page to print.
> Once so triggered the page prints correctly.

I have the exact same problem.  Computer is running FC6 and OpenSuSE
10.2.  Both x86_64 SMP.

FC6

I used the GUI configuration to configure printing for the HP1320n
printer and I specified a form feed.  But I always have to go to the
printer and press the button to eject pages.

OpenSuSE 10.2

I used YaST to configure printing, specifying an automatic form feed.
Form feed works fine.  No need to go to the printer.

Now, I'd perhaps have to compare which CUPS version both of these
distros are using but methinks it has to do with the PPD file rather
than the printing system.  The HP1320n, at least on OpenSuSE, comes
with two PPD files and I always use the one with the word 'series' in
it.  I don't remember seeing that choice when doing the configuration
in FC6.

Cheers.