Scanning under Fedora

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 8 19:22:29 UTC 2007

I've been unable to get scanning working on any Fedora system, although
I have had no similar problems on Slackware, and associates report
success with MEPIS and Ubuntu. I have an Epson USB scanner, which is
recognized, and I put the firmware in the proper directory, but after
starting and the scanner is found. However, after uploading the firmware
the device freezes with an i/o error.

The scanner was tested on a friend's Windows box, it appears to be
functional. Epson says Linux isn't supported but the firmware in the
scanner should be fine, don't upload. I can't find a way to do that,
since the sane complains if I comment out the firmware line.

Is there a Fedora-specific document somewhere, or should I take the path
of least resistance and just go back to Slackware?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>