calendar application for fedora core 5, not evolution please

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Wed May 9 15:43:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 18:09 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I definitely got disgusted with evolution. I now use a cobbled
> together set of apps I wrote myself along with "remind" to
> do my reminders (and I just edit a plain text file to add new
> reminders - I don't try to do any scheduling via a gui app).

Evolution has some nice features, but it's definitely starting to suck.
I think the entire interface needs to be reworked, for example

Rant: At the moment, mail under "On This Computer" is only stored as a
mbox file. Creating a new account (that sits in its own tree) to get
maildir storage isn't good enough, in my opinion.  I end up having to
create one account for POP, and another for storing the email in maildir
format because the maildir storage account can't SEND EMAIL!!  WHY
NOT?!?   Sheer idiocy.

Regards,

Ranbir

--