Re-install Fedora Core 6

Darren Foster darren at darrenfoster.co.uk
Thu May 10 08:49:41 UTC 2007

Hi All,

My grub is truelly knackered and I cant reinstall it for love nor money.

So I am almost resigned to the fact that my information will be lost for
ever.

I know that my files are safe because I can access them through the rescue
disc.

Anyone know how I can recover my evolution emails? I don’t know what command
to use from the command line? Im new honest :-)

Also can I reinstall fedora but keep my home directory intact. There are
some very important files that I need to keep in there or recover at best. I
have tried accessing them through knoppix but can get access to them through
that. But can see them through the command line using the rescue disc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Am going out now and will reply to anyone with any advice later this
evening.

Best regards,

Darren

Checked by AVG Free Edition.