gsynaptics

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:38:58 UTC 2007

     Dear friends,

  I installed gsynaptics on my Dell Latitude D820 laptop running
Fedora 7 Test 4 because I was advised this would help with phantom
mouse clicks. When I try to run gsynaptics, a dialog says

GSynaptics couldn't initialize.
You have to set 'SHMConfig' 'true' in xorg.conf or XF86Config to use GSynaptics

  At the same time, the console says:

(gsynaptics:7460): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

  I have no XF86Config file, but I have /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but adding
above entry does not seem to help.

  What should I do? And what exactly is gsynaptics supposed to do?

  Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Post-Doc Researcher
Theoretical Biological Physics and Soft Statistical Mechanics