RPM Repositories

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 11 09:44:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 04:48:59PM -0400, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>     Dear friends,
>
>  What RPM repositories can you recommend?

I'm the core maintainer of ATrpms, but I would recommend all currently
existing repos (I know of).

> Which can be access via yum?

All of them, it would be hard to imagine a repo w/o yum support.

> Which are worth putting in the yum config file, and how?
>
>  Software I might need includes: Scientific computing, software
> development, Java, Eclipse, web design, openoffice, VPN.

For most of these you do not really need additional repos. If there
is something missing in your defautl setup ask for it more detailed
and people will be able to point you to one repo or another.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net