may be OT: desktops and X windows system

Jim van Wel jim at coolzero.info
Fri May 11 10:26:52 UTC 2007

Hi there,

The X-System is needed because it has the Xorg packages. Also you can
just say I don't want to install the X-system, but then again, it will be
added
automaticly because gnome requires it. So that really does not matter at all.

Big difference betweed Kde and Gnome is more user experience based,
so depends on the person. Just check out the gnome and kde site at:

http://www.kde.org/
http://www.gnome.org/

You can install also both. Try them, and you know then witch one you preffer.

X-System is the core for Kde and Gnome.

Greetings,
Jim.