RPM Repositories

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 11 18:42:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:26:55AM -0700, alan wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> >If you are lucky you will be pointed to the repo that has your desired
> >software, if you have less luck you get a pointer to a suse/mandriva
> >package that you can use to create your own package. And in the worst
> >case you will find no packaging at all, and then you should ask
> >yourself what kind of software that is. ;)
> >
> >(either obsolete or proprietary)
>
> Or Fedora Core 7.
>
> I have been rebuilding a bunch of the packages I normally use with Fedora.
> I am seeing a whole bunch of new and exciting errors.
>
> Is there any document that details what changes have been made to RPM and
> the build process?

Hm, this is a bit off-topic in the context of this thread. :)

How about posting these errors on a post of your own with a matching
subject?

FWIW Fedora 7 is binary very close to FC6 which is why for the first
time in Fedora's history there was no mass rebuild (planned or
otherwise conducted). So hitting new and exciting rebuild error should
had been less likely this time, but hit the list with details and
people will look at it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net