HP-toolbox can't find printer ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri May 11 19:28:56 UTC 2007

Hi;

I am trying to get the HP-toolbox utility working for my HP psc 1310
series (1315 actually) printer.  The printer is installed, turned on and
working (kind of).  The working (kind of) is why I need the HP-toolbox.

I get a warning "No Installed HP Devices Found".  When I try to use the
'Setup Device' Button I get "Unable to find an appropriate su/sudo
utility to run hp-set-up".  This warning comes after 'su -' to root and
even when I have logged in as the root user.  Besides, it shouldn't be
necessary re-setup as the printer is already installed.

I can probably get my printer running properly again by dual booting
into WindowsXP and using the HP Director from there, but I was hoping to
have a utility that worked from Linux.

--
Regards Bill